CLARK BARS UPDATE - AUGUST 18TH 2020
Law Offices of Scott M. Clark, PC
Date: August 18, 2020
COVID-19 - ARIZONA GYM/FITNESS CENTER REOPENING GUIDELINES
By: Christopher Hoynicki
On August 10, 2020, the Arizona Department of Health Service published the guidelines for the reopening of gyms and fitness clubs across the state. These guidelines identify 3 levels of COVID-19 exposure, Substantial (RED)
, Moderate (YELLOW)
, and Minimal (GREEN)
. Based on these exposure rates, properties can re-open their gyms for a limited attendance. The exposure rates are also broken into 3 categories, total number of cases, percent positivity, and percent of COVID like cases. Details below!
– If any of the below 3 countywide statistics exceed the level listed below, gyms and fitness centers will remain CLOSED
Cases > 100 Cases per 100k people
Percent Positivity > 10%
Percent COVID Like > 10%
– If any of the below 3 countywide statistics dip to the level listed below for at least 2 weeks, gyms and fitness centers will be limited to 25% occupancy.
Cases > 10 to 100 Cases per 100k people
Percent Positivity > 5% to 10%
Percent COVID Like > 5% to 10%
– If any of the below 3 countywide statistics dip to the level listed below for at least 2 weeks, gyms and fitness centers will be limited to 50% occupancy
Cases < 10 Cases per 100k people
Percent Positivity < 5%
Percent COVID Like < 5%
Once an opening level is reached, i.e. yellow or green, all facilities must comply with the standard COVID-19 safety protocols, and submit an attestation form stating they are in compliance. This form must also be posted in a visible location at the facility.
As of the date of this publication the following counties are permitted to resume the operation of gyms, health clubs, or fitness centers:
Pima County / Graham Count / Cochise County / Greenlee County / Gila County / Coconino County / Yavapai County / La Paz County
So when will life at the gym return to normal?
• Once COVID-19 positivity falls below 3%, these restrictions should end.
Do I have to do all these calculations every day to determine if I can open the fitness center?
• Nope! The community spread level is automatically determined on a daily basis and posted on the statistical data link below.
What do properties with fitness centers need to do going forward?
• It is recommended that you check the exposure level daily/weekly on the website provided.
• Once a yellow/green level is reached, complete an attestation form and post it in the fitness center.
• Ensure COVID-19 safety protocols are met and allow residents to return on a restricted occupancy basis.
• Continue to check the exposure level daily/weekly to ensure the property fitness center can remain open.
• Press Article: https://azgovernor.gov/governor/news/2020/08/arizona-department-health-services-phased-reopening-plan-paused-industries
• Statistical Data: https://azdhs.gov/preparedness/epidemiology-disease-control/infectious-disease-epidemiology/index.php#novel-coronavirus-community
• Attestation: https://medsisprod.azdhs.gov/EO2020-43AttestationFormSubmission/Category?_=MjAyMDA4MTMxNjQw&__=0.8878615422883858
If you have questions about this information, please consult with an attorney
Law Offices of Scott M Clark, PC
CONTACT A TEAM MEMBER: https://www.scottclarklaw.com/About-Us.asp
CLIENT PORTAL: https://www.scottclarklawpc.com/client/login.aspx
COVID-19 ARIZONA UPDATES: https://www.scottclarklaw.com/COVID-19.asp
COVID-19 NEVADA UPDATES: https://www.scottclarklaw.com/COVID-19N.asp